2 lbs ground round
2 packages chili seasoning
1 – 28 oz can stewed tomatoes
1 – 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 – 15.5 oz can light red kidney beans
1 – 15.5 oz can white beans
1 – 15.5 oz can chili beans
1 sweet onion – sliced
4 stalks celery – chopped
Start by browning the ground round. Once fully cooked, drain out the grease. Add all other chili ingredients. Bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer for a minimum of two hours. Remember – the longer it cooks, the more the ingredients will blend together, and the better it will taste!
Scoop the chili into individual bowls. Top with sour cream, and your choice of shredded cheese and crackers!
This is a great meal to make on the weekend! This could really be called “empty the cabinets” chili. When we made this delectable meal, we actually looked at what we had in our cabinets, bought a few extras and went from there. So, in conclusion, have fun! Use this recipe as a guide, and customize with your own imagination!
Hello, and welcome to another segment of Dashing Elements: Simple In Seconds – Cooking With Kids! Today, we are going to be making quick snack roll ups and fruit kabobs that are so simple to make!
- Your choice of thin-sliced lunchmeat
- Your choice of thin-sliced cheese
- Your choice of soft fruit
- Small pretzel rods
This quick snack or meal is really limitless as to what kind of ingredients you use. Because you are going to use pretzel rods instead of toothpicks, they are very safe for children of all ages! Simply roll up your choice of thinly sliced lunch meat and/or cheese. Insert one small pretzel rod through the center and you are done! You could also add some variety by skewering fruit! This is easy with grapes, strawberries, sliced bananas, raspberries, or any other type of soft fruit.
I hope you enjoyed this quick and simple recipe! It is an easy snack that your children will love to help you make! For more recipes and quick tips for busy moms, please visit the Dashing Elements website at www.dashingelements.com. Have a great day!
As part of the CWA Review Crew, I was sent a copy of “A Place in Purpose” by Kathryn C. Lang to read and present an honest review. This book offers tips and suggestions that will help you uncover why we are here and what are we meant to do with our lives.
“I need to know why I am here – in this place, at this moment. There has to be more than what I see before me.”
Kathryn’s book is a self-help style book designed to help the reader answer the following questions:
Do you know why you are here?
Do you know what to do with that idea?
Do you understand how to put legs to that what?
Do you have a plan for when you will do it all?
A “Place in Purpose” offers advice for finding the answers to these questions and discovering your path in life. This publication is meant to help the audience find their purpose and prepare them to live life “outside the box.” Through her book, Kathryn asks the question, “Do you know why you are here on this earth? What will you do with your gifts once you realize what they are?”
I liked this book because it is another guide that got me thinking about what I wanted to do with my life. The author has valid points that break down how to assess where you are and where you would like to be. She also makes the reader feel good about themselves stating, “You are unique in all the world – designed for such a time as this.”
You can read more about the author here:
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book/Ebook/Product to review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations. I am part of The CWA Review Crew.
It is becoming that time of year again when fresh produce is bountiful and in season! A quick and easy way to prepare them is by roasting the vegetables in your oven!
Almost any vegetable can be oven roasted! Pick your favorite fresh produce from your home garden or stop by the local farmer’s market. Clean and cut up the veggies. Then, spread them out onto a nonstick backing sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the tops. Mix the vegetables around so that everything has been evenly coated. For a variation, you can also sprinkle sesame seeds and/or parmesan cheese on top.
Before we begin cooking, I have one quick safety tip for this method. Please make sure to not oversaturate the vegetables. You do not want the oil to splatter as it heats up. Along with that, make sure to use a large baking sheet or dish with sides, so that everything will stay in place and not cause any type of fire hazard.
Now that we are ready, pop them in the oven at 425 degrees. As far as cooking time goes, it depends on what you are roasting. Thin, stringier veggies like asparagus or any julienned produce will cook quicker than if you chose to cube your selections. My rule of thumb is to check and turn them every 5 minutes or so. Once they start to crisp up and you can easily poke a fork into them, then they are done!
In no time flat, you have prepared a healthy and flavorful dish that your entire family is sure to love! You will be amazed at how mouthwatering the vegetables taste when they are freshly roasted!
This recycled yogurt container ballerina will inspire any little girl to dance! Not only is it a cute addition to a room, but the tutu also serves as a fun accessory for your child’s hair! You can find most of the products to make this craft around your house. All you will need to make this pretty ballerina is a drinkable yogurt container, ponytail holder, tulle, paint, markers, foam, and pipe cleaners.
This is a great craft for a birthday party, and has minimal cost! You can also make the project with your children any time!
Wash a drinkable yogurt container. Paint the container with pink paint. Use the top of the yogurt container as a template. Cut out a small circle of foam. Place the foam into the top of the yogurt container. Be careful not to push it in too far. It will also need to be a tight fit, so that when you put the pipe cleaners in, you will not push it all the way into the bottle. Cut strips of tulle. Tie the tulle onto the ponytail holder to make the tutu. Slide the tutu onto the yogurt container. Cut the pipe cleaners into four-inch strips. Push them into the foam to make hair. Draw on the face, and your ballerina is complete!
Sometimes I wonder if there is a mother out there who isn’t stretched to the breaking point with commitments. How do we find time for exercise? Yet we do, and we must if we want to stay healthy. These tips make finding the time and getting the workouts a lot easier.
1. Schedule It. Hey, we’re moms. We have to schedule everything from dentist appointments to dates with our husbands. So it is with exercise. If I don’t have it in the plan, I might get to the end of the day and realize that I never found a free moment. I don’t want to spend my life looking for free moments, though. So I put it on the schedule. Whether I get up a little early, take advantage of naptime or squeeze in a quick workout while I’m preparing dinner, I know that I will get it done. And that way, I’m not perpetually feeling like I’m a little behind in my exercise.
2. Break It Up. Let’s face it: finding a whole open hour in the schedule doesn’t happen every day. For most of my workouts, I can chop it into pieces. While getting a consistent period of cardio is better, it’s not leaps and bounds better. Four chunks of 15-minute workouts is almost as good, and it’s way healthier than an hour on the couch. For example, if I know that I’ll be going for a walk in the midday or evening, I’ll just get up a little earlier and doing some resistance training or calisthenics to add to it.
3. Weekend Date. There is a time when I might be able to get a longer workout or¬¬–gasp–an open 90 minutes to go to the gym. It’s called the weekend. Everyone else is off on those days, so that’s my time to be on. I leave the kids with my spouse, family or friends, and hammer out a detailed workout. Sometimes I go for a long, meditative run. Other times, I’ll hit the gym and use every type of machine they have. It’s more fun when I know I don’t have to play beat-the-clock with the gym daycare.
4. Multitasking. When I really do not have a lot of time to exercise, I have to be very efficient. It doesn’t make sense to spend 15 minutes with a set of dumbbells, if that is all the time I have. On those days, I pick workouts that have a lot more punch to them. It might be high-intensity interval training at home. The new Focus T25 workout from Beachbody has been on my radar. I’m sure you’ve seen the commercials with Shaun T– the program is only 25 minutes per day, 5 days a week. Other options are walking, jogging or even jumping rope. These exercises require little to no equipment, work a lot of muscle groups, and can be done just about anywhere.
5. Involve The Kids. It doesn’t always make sense to involve my kids in my workouts. But some days it just seems near impossible to get even a minute alone. On those days I just have my kids join the fun. Sometimes I just load them up in the stroller and go for a run to the park. But other times I like to get them involved in the actual workout. Somehow, I don’t feel so uncoordinated while I’m doing my exercise videos with them. They are so eager to try it and be like me that I find my self-consciousness drift away. Before I know it, my workout is done and I’m grinning from ear to ear. If you have a baby at home, this article might interest you. Hey, whatever gets the job done!
Years from now, I won’t look back and wish that I’d spent two hours exercising every day uninterrupted. Instead, I’ll be glad I put time into my busy schedule to work out and showing my kids the way it’s done. I hope my example will serve them for decades to come.
Welcome to the “New Year’s Kickoff Giveaway Event” sponsored by Tip Hero and featuring some wonderful bloggers. With the New Year in full force, we thought the perfect way to celebrate would be with a great big giveaway event!
There are some great things to buy in January, and one lucky winner will get something that could come in handy while shopping. One winner will receive a $100 Walmart gift card to help start off the new year right.
This giveaway begins on January 15th and will run until January 29th at 11:59pm US Eastern time. It will be open to residents of the US only, 18+. Use the PromoSimple form below to enter, and make sure that you take advantage of the many entries you can gain. Also, be sure to come back daily for more chances to win. Best of luck!
Disclosure: Dashing Elements is not responsible for prize distribution. If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries are optional, but if the winner task is a task that you did not complete, a second winner will be chosen. Winners will be notified via email. If a winner does not respond within 48 hours of the time when the email is sent, another winner will be chosen.
I had the opportunity to participate in a review for Herbal Essences Naked Collection Volume Kit. In exchange for my honest thoughts and opinions, I received a gift card to purchase this product and try it out for myself.
After using these products for just one week, I was truly in love with the Herbal Essences Naked Collection Volume Kit! There is no need to search through all sorts of beauty products! This was the perfect solution for this busy mom!
The Naked Collection Volume Kit includes Naked Volume Shampoo, Conditioner, Volumizing Soufflé Styler, and Dry Shampoo. It is an online-only offer! This limited-edition kit can be purchased at Walmart.com. You can click on this link to take you directly to the products http://www.walmart.com/ip/33006917 !
Naked Volume Shampoo & Conditioner won me over by their fresh, clean aroma. The clear shampoo was very light weight. It is made with zero heavy residues, dyes, and parabens. As soon as I started rinsing the conditioner out of my hair, I instantly noticed an incredible smoothness to my hair! It helps keep hair detangled, nourished, and maintains full volume.
Naked Volume Dry Shampoo is made for days when you don’t have time to wash your hair. By gently spraying the product in and working it into your roots, the natural tapioca formula absorbs excess oil and transforms lifeless, oily hair into fresh hair.
Naked Volumizing Souffle is a weightless, volumizing styler that gives you a lift for fullness that lasts. I also really enjoyed this product because of it’s scent of grapefruit and mint!
Not only does the Volume collection work to give you softer hair, but it really appealed to me because of the invigorating blend of white grapefruit and mint extracts. As it contains zero dyes, I felt confident that I was using a product that left my hair naturally clean
Now it’s time for a Give Away WINNER! I have to say that this was my most popular giveaway to date. Thank you to everyone that wrote in and entered this contest! A name was selected at random. CONGRATULATIONS to Debbie from Ridgeway Missouri! She has won a $50 Walmart gift card to purchase the collection!
The Walmart gift card and information have been provided by Herbal Essences. I hope you enjoy these products as much as I have!
When my daughter said she wanted to have a Barbie birthday party, I went searching on the web for ideas. There are a lot of great Barbie glam parties, but I wanted to incorporate all the great Barbie movies that my daughter loves. I came up with an idea to have a Barbie Around the World Birthday Party!
Before the actual birthday party, the magic already began with the invitations! The guests received Barbie passport invitations that they were to save and bring to the party. When the guests arrive, they presented their passports! The fun began right away at the first station!
The first stop was “Barbie and the Diamond Castle.” After receiving the first stamp in their passports, guests bounced and jumped with joy in a castle shaped bounce house.
The next place on the trip was the country of Russia for “Barbie and the Nutcracker.” Guests received their second passport stamp in a winter wonderland! The kids decorated festive cookies at this station. The guests were surrounded by giant wrapped gifts. When they looked up, they could see snowflake ballerinas hanging overhead.
The third location on the journey around the world was Hawaii for “Barbie and a Mermaid Tale.” After getting a stamp in the passport, guests made sand art necklaces in a tropical oasis!
The fourth stop was “Barbie’s Fairytopia.” After a quick stamp in the passport, guests climbed the ladder to the fairy world in the sky! They were surrounded by vines and little fairies. The kids picked their favorite fairy to take with them before they exited down the yellow slide!
The last location for the trip was New York for a Barbie glam birthday celebration! Tables were decorated in the bold colors of hot pink, black and silver!
The evening was finished with the birthday girl opening her presents and the serving of cake. The cake table continues with the theme. The Barbie cake is placed in the center, and surrounded by sparkling confetti!
All of these ideas are DIY!
- The passports were made from poster board and computer paper.
- The bounce house was rented.
- The snowflake ballerinas were cut out just like regular folded paper snowflakes.
- The presents were wrapped empty boxes.
- Get the sand art supplies and necklaces from your local craft store.
- “Fairytopia” was decorated with construction paper flowers, garland, and balloons.
- Construct your Barbie photo box using foam or cardboard. Cover with wrapping paper!
I hope you enjoy all these quick birthday party tips for a unique twist to your Barbie Birthday Party!
I have the opportunity to participate in a review for Herbal Essences Naked Collection Volume Kit. In exchange for my honest thoughts and opinions, I received a gift card to purchase this product and try it out for myself.
I couldn’t believe how simple it was to order! Just searching “Naked Volume Kit” or clicking on the link provided below, you are quickly taken right to the product! There is no need to search through all sorts of beauty products! This was the perfect solution for this busy mom! You can either have the product shipped to the store for pick-up or have the collection delivered directly to your home. I am so excited to share my future product review of this kit! You can watch my video here!
The Naked Collection Volume Kit includes Naked Volume Shampoo, Conditioner, Volumizing Soufflé Styler, and Dry Shampoo.
Naked Collection Volume Kit
- Kit includes Naked Volume Shampoo, Conditioner, Volumizing Soufflé, Flexible Hold Spritzer and Dry Shampoo.
- Everything you need for irresistible volume!
- Online-only offer.
- Limited-edition kit, available while supplies last.
- Get it first at http://www.walmart.com/ip/33006917 .
- Your chance to be the first to try Herbal Essences Naked!
Naked Volume Shampoo & Conditioner
- Restores hair’s natural body.
- Made with zero heavy residues, dyes, and parabens.
- Light weight shampoo provides a clean luscious bounce.
- Conditioner keeps hair detangled, nourished, and maintains full volume.
Naked Volume Dry Shampoo
- Great for days when you don’t have time to wash your hair.
- Refreshes your look for lightweight, clean hair — even on days when you don’t wash.
- The natural tapioca formula absorbs excess oil and transforms lifeless, oily hair into fresh hair.
- Delights senses with the crisp essence of citrus and mint.
- How to use: Gently spray on and work into roots, brush out as desired.
Naked Volumizing Souffle
- Weightless, volumizing styler gives you a lift for fullness that lasts.
- Delights the senses with a boost of grapefruit and mint.
- How to use: Gently work mousse through wet hair for volume.
The Volume collection lets you bare your softest hair! It has an invigorating blend of white grapefruit and mint extracts. It contains zero dyes to leave your hair naturally clean and full of irresistible volume
Now it’s time for a Give Away! A $50 Walmart gift card will be given to one lucky winner to purchase the collection! U.S. residents only may enter by sending an email to email@example.com with “Herbal Essences Giveaway” in the subject line by January 10th.