Sometimes I wonder if there is a mother out there who isn’t stretched to the breaking point with commitments. How do we find time for exercise? Yet we do, and we must if we want to stay healthy. These tips make finding the time and getting the workouts a lot easier.
1. Schedule It. Hey, we’re moms. We have to schedule everything from dentist appointments to dates with our husbands. So it is with exercise. If I don’t have it in the plan, I might get to the end of the day and realize that I never found a free moment. I don’t want to spend my life looking for free moments, though. So I put it on the schedule. Whether I get up a little early, take advantage of naptime or squeeze in a quick workout while I’m preparing dinner, I know that I will get it done. And that way, I’m not perpetually feeling like I’m a little behind in my exercise.
2. Break It Up. Let’s face it: finding a whole open hour in the schedule doesn’t happen every day. For most of my workouts, I can chop it into pieces. While getting a consistent period of cardio is better, it’s not leaps and bounds better. Four chunks of 15-minute workouts is almost as good, and it’s way healthier than an hour on the couch. For example, if I know that I’ll be going for a walk in the midday or evening, I’ll just get up a little earlier and doing some resistance training or calisthenics to add to it.
3. Weekend Date. There is a time when I might be able to get a longer workout or¬¬–gasp–an open 90 minutes to go to the gym. It’s called the weekend. Everyone else is off on those days, so that’s my time to be on. I leave the kids with my spouse, family or friends, and hammer out a detailed workout. Sometimes I go for a long, meditative run. Other times, I’ll hit the gym and use every type of machine they have. It’s more fun when I know I don’t have to play beat-the-clock with the gym daycare.
4. Multitasking. When I really do not have a lot of time to exercise, I have to be very efficient. It doesn’t make sense to spend 15 minutes with a set of dumbbells, if that is all the time I have. On those days, I pick workouts that have a lot more punch to them. It might be high-intensity interval training at home. The new Focus T25 workout from Beachbody has been on my radar. I’m sure you’ve seen the commercials with Shaun T– the program is only 25 minutes per day, 5 days a week. Other options are walking, jogging or even jumping rope. These exercises require little to no equipment, work a lot of muscle groups, and can be done just about anywhere.
5. Involve The Kids. It doesn’t always make sense to involve my kids in my workouts. But some days it just seems near impossible to get even a minute alone. On those days I just have my kids join the fun. Sometimes I just load them up in the stroller and go for a run to the park. But other times I like to get them involved in the actual workout. Somehow, I don’t feel so uncoordinated while I’m doing my exercise videos with them. They are so eager to try it and be like me that I find my self-consciousness drift away. Before I know it, my workout is done and I’m grinning from ear to ear. If you have a baby at home, this article might interest you. Hey, whatever gets the job done!
Years from now, I won’t look back and wish that I’d spent two hours exercising every day uninterrupted. Instead, I’ll be glad I put time into my busy schedule to work out and showing my kids the way it’s done. I hope my example will serve them for decades to come.
Welcome to the “New Year’s Kickoff Giveaway Event” sponsored by Tip Hero and featuring some wonderful bloggers. With the New Year in full force, we thought the perfect way to celebrate would be with a great big giveaway event!
There are some great things to buy in January, and one lucky winner will get something that could come in handy while shopping. One winner will receive a $100 Walmart gift card to help start off the new year right.
This giveaway begins on January 15th and will run until January 29th at 11:59pm US Eastern time. It will be open to residents of the US only, 18+. Use the PromoSimple form below to enter, and make sure that you take advantage of the many entries you can gain. Also, be sure to come back daily for more chances to win. Best of luck!
Disclosure: Dashing Elements is not responsible for prize distribution. If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to email@example.com. All entries are optional, but if the winner task is a task that you did not complete, a second winner will be chosen. Winners will be notified via email. If a winner does not respond within 48 hours of the time when the email is sent, another winner will be chosen.
I had the opportunity to participate in a review for Herbal Essences Naked Collection Volume Kit. In exchange for my honest thoughts and opinions, I received a gift card to purchase this product and try it out for myself.
After using these products for just one week, I was truly in love with the Herbal Essences Naked Collection Volume Kit! There is no need to search through all sorts of beauty products! This was the perfect solution for this busy mom!
The Naked Collection Volume Kit includes Naked Volume Shampoo, Conditioner, Volumizing Soufflé Styler, and Dry Shampoo. It is an online-only offer! This limited-edition kit can be purchased at Walmart.com. You can click on this link to take you directly to the products http://www.walmart.com/ip/33006917 !
Naked Volume Shampoo & Conditioner won me over by their fresh, clean aroma. The clear shampoo was very light weight. It is made with zero heavy residues, dyes, and parabens. As soon as I started rinsing the conditioner out of my hair, I instantly noticed an incredible smoothness to my hair! It helps keep hair detangled, nourished, and maintains full volume.
Naked Volume Dry Shampoo is made for days when you don’t have time to wash your hair. By gently spraying the product in and working it into your roots, the natural tapioca formula absorbs excess oil and transforms lifeless, oily hair into fresh hair.
Naked Volumizing Souffle is a weightless, volumizing styler that gives you a lift for fullness that lasts. I also really enjoyed this product because of it’s scent of grapefruit and mint!
Not only does the Volume collection work to give you softer hair, but it really appealed to me because of the invigorating blend of white grapefruit and mint extracts. As it contains zero dyes, I felt confident that I was using a product that left my hair naturally clean
Now it’s time for a Give Away WINNER! I have to say that this was my most popular giveaway to date. Thank you to everyone that wrote in and entered this contest! A name was selected at random. CONGRATULATIONS to Debbie from Ridgeway Missouri! She has won a $50 Walmart gift card to purchase the collection!
The Walmart gift card and information have been provided by Herbal Essences. I hope you enjoy these products as much as I have!
When my daughter said she wanted to have a Barbie birthday party, I went searching on the web for ideas. There are a lot of great Barbie glam parties, but I wanted to incorporate all the great Barbie movies that my daughter loves. I came up with an idea to have a Barbie Around the World Birthday Party!
Before the actual birthday party, the magic already began with the invitations! The guests received Barbie passport invitations that they were to save and bring to the party. When the guests arrive, they presented their passports! The fun began right away at the first station!
The first stop was “Barbie and the Diamond Castle.” After receiving the first stamp in their passports, guests bounced and jumped with joy in a castle shaped bounce house.
The next place on the trip was the country of Russia for “Barbie and the Nutcracker.” Guests received their second passport stamp in a winter wonderland! The kids decorated festive cookies at this station. The guests were surrounded by giant wrapped gifts. When they looked up, they could see snowflake ballerinas hanging overhead.
The third location on the journey around the world was Hawaii for “Barbie and a Mermaid Tale.” After getting a stamp in the passport, guests made sand art necklaces in a tropical oasis!
The fourth stop was “Barbie’s Fairytopia.” After a quick stamp in the passport, guests climbed the ladder to the fairy world in the sky! They were surrounded by vines and little fairies. The kids picked their favorite fairy to take with them before they exited down the yellow slide!
The last location for the trip was New York for a Barbie glam birthday celebration! Tables were decorated in the bold colors of hot pink, black and silver!
The evening was finished with the birthday girl opening her presents and the serving of cake. The cake table continues with the theme. The Barbie cake is placed in the center, and surrounded by sparkling confetti!
All of these ideas are DIY!
- The passports were made from poster board and computer paper.
- The bounce house was rented.
- The snowflake ballerinas were cut out just like regular folded paper snowflakes.
- The presents were wrapped empty boxes.
- Get the sand art supplies and necklaces from your local craft store.
- “Fairytopia” was decorated with construction paper flowers, garland, and balloons.
- Construct your Barbie photo box using foam or cardboard. Cover with wrapping paper!
I hope you enjoy all these quick birthday party tips for a unique twist to your Barbie Birthday Party!
I have the opportunity to participate in a review for Herbal Essences Naked Collection Volume Kit. In exchange for my honest thoughts and opinions, I received a gift card to purchase this product and try it out for myself.
I couldn’t believe how simple it was to order! Just searching “Naked Volume Kit” or clicking on the link provided below, you are quickly taken right to the product! There is no need to search through all sorts of beauty products! This was the perfect solution for this busy mom! You can either have the product shipped to the store for pick-up or have the collection delivered directly to your home. I am so excited to share my future product review of this kit! You can watch my video here!
The Naked Collection Volume Kit includes Naked Volume Shampoo, Conditioner, Volumizing Soufflé Styler, and Dry Shampoo.
Naked Collection Volume Kit
- Kit includes Naked Volume Shampoo, Conditioner, Volumizing Soufflé, Flexible Hold Spritzer and Dry Shampoo.
- Everything you need for irresistible volume!
- Online-only offer.
- Limited-edition kit, available while supplies last.
- Get it first at http://www.walmart.com/ip/33006917 .
- Your chance to be the first to try Herbal Essences Naked!
Naked Volume Shampoo & Conditioner
- Restores hair’s natural body.
- Made with zero heavy residues, dyes, and parabens.
- Light weight shampoo provides a clean luscious bounce.
- Conditioner keeps hair detangled, nourished, and maintains full volume.
Naked Volume Dry Shampoo
- Great for days when you don’t have time to wash your hair.
- Refreshes your look for lightweight, clean hair — even on days when you don’t wash.
- The natural tapioca formula absorbs excess oil and transforms lifeless, oily hair into fresh hair.
- Delights senses with the crisp essence of citrus and mint.
- How to use: Gently spray on and work into roots, brush out as desired.
Naked Volumizing Souffle
- Weightless, volumizing styler gives you a lift for fullness that lasts.
- Delights the senses with a boost of grapefruit and mint.
- How to use: Gently work mousse through wet hair for volume.
The Volume collection lets you bare your softest hair! It has an invigorating blend of white grapefruit and mint extracts. It contains zero dyes to leave your hair naturally clean and full of irresistible volume
Now it’s time for a Give Away! A $50 Walmart gift card will be given to one lucky winner to purchase the collection! U.S. residents only may enter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Herbal Essences Giveaway” in the subject line by January 10th.
This cracker crusted pork is a healthy twist on the usual breaded and fried pork products! Pair with a leftover holiday side dish or make a quick one like couscous. These simple cracker crusted pork steaks are lean, crunchy and your children are sure to love!
1/4 Cup Milk
5 Small Boneless Pork Steaks
1 Sleeve Club or House Crackers
1 Can Pork or Mushroom Gravy
Mix eggs and milk in bowl. Stir in a few dashes of pepper. Place the pork in the bowl. Make sure all sides of meat are covered with mixture. Let sit for about 5 minutes. In a separate bowl, mash the crackers.
Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray. One at a time, place each pork steak in the cracker mixture. Be sure to evenly coat both side. Place the meat in a fry pan. Cook over medium heat. Turn steaks until both sides are brown and crispy. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until pork is completely cooked and not pink inside.
Top with gravy and serve!
* Always adhere to safe internal temperatures of meat.
* No added salt necessary. Salt on the crackers adds just enough flavor!
* Pork is a great source of lean protein. Enjoy!
I am finally sharing my famous recipe for deviled eggs! They are the perfect addition to any party menu! These simple deviled eggs are fast, easy and fun to make with your children!
1/4 Cup Miracle Whip
1 Teaspoon Mustard
1 Teaspoon Vinegar
Place the six eggs in a pot of water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove eggs and place in a bowl of cold water and ice until eggs have cooled. Hold each egg under running water as you remove the shells.
Cut each egg in half, longways. Remove the yokes and place in a bowl. Add the Miracle Whip, mustard and vinegar. Use hand mixer or potato masher to mix ingredients until a smooth consistency. Fill egg whites with mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
* Do not over cook the eggs or the shells will be difficult to remove.
* Double recipe for parties. They will go fast!
* Eggs are a great source of protein. Enjoy!
You have been busy all week, and now the weekend is here. Your kids want to play pretend. What do you do?? Look no further than your recycle bin! There is a ginormous supply of recyclable items that have endless possibilities! Here are a few ideas for items that would normally be thrown out or recycle.
Return Envelopes – when you receive a credit card application or some sort of invoice in the mail, a return envelope is normally included. These can be used to play mail delivery or put special projects in.
Credit Card Samples – along with the credit card application, many times a sample credit card was included with the mailing. My girls love playing store with these!
Coffee Can – there are so many uses for a decorated coffee can! Have your child wrap gift-wrap or colored paper around the can. Decorate the can with stickers, markers, or affix any fun things your child would like to embellish it with! Leave the lid on, and they could use it as a drum. It could also be used to store numerous things. We use ours at home to keep all the crayons together.
Plastic Container – Washout the plastic containers from butter, sour cream or cottage cheese. Decorate the outside, fill with dirt, and plant some seeds! Once they are big enough, plants can be transplanted in the garden! Tip: make a hole in the bottom of the container and set it on the lid (lip facing up) or a plate. This will allow the soil to drain if too much water is added.
Paper Tubes – Grab your toilet paper or paper towel tubes and let your kids’ imaginations run with it! Decorate the tubes with fun stickers, ribbon, buttons, markers or paint. Tape two tubes together, and you know have a set of binoculars! A single tube can be transformed into a telescope or magic wand!
Egg Carton – Make sure the egg carton is washed well with hot soap and water! The outside can be painted fun colors and decorated. It is now transformed into a stylish organizer! What a great way to organize beads or hair accessories! It can also serve as a home for toys that include teeny-tiny pieces.
Empty Water Bottles – Time to make music! Put marbles, rocks, or beads in an empty water bottle. You now have a fun noisemaker that can be shaken along with your child’s favorite song!
Paper Shopping Bags – Let’s go shopping! The paper, handled shopping bags you get from specialty stores or boutiques are the perfect size bags for your little ones to play with. They can be decorated or used as they are!
The following items could be found in your recycle bin:
Glass Bottles or Jars
Foil or Aluminum Trays
Plastic Bottles & Containers #1-7
* Please check with your city or county to find out their recycling policy and what items are accepted in your area.
The school year is well underway! The busyness of school, homework and extra curricular activities has begun! I had the opportunity to participate in a review for Del Monte® new Fruit Burst™ Squeezers. In exchange for my honest thoughts and opinions, I received a gift pack containing samples of these new products to try.
These Made in the USA products contain 1-1/2 fruit and veggie servings and come in five healthy flavors.
They are an excellent source of vitamins A and C, and contain no artificial flavors or high fructose corn syrup.
Peach-Mango: Pear puree concentrate, water, pumpkin juice concentrate, peach puree concentrate, pear juice concentrate, carrot juice concentrate, carrot puree, mango puree concentrate, natural flavors, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid.
Blueberry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pumpkin juice concentrate, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, carrot puree, blueberry puree concentrate, fruit and vegetable extracts for color, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid.
Apple Cinnamon: Pear puree concentrate, water, apple puree concentrate, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), cinnamon, malic acid.
Mixed Berry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pear juice concentrate, natural flavors, strawberry puree, red raspberry puree concentrate, blueberry puree concentrate, fruit and vegetable extracts for color, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), malic acid.
Strawberry: Pear puree concentrate, water, pear juice concentrate, strawberry puree concentrate, natural flavors, carmine, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), malic acid.
They truly are delicious and nutritious snacks that we enjoyed on-the-go! They were definitely convenient and travel well!
Day One: On Day One, we enjoyed the Mixed Berry Fruit Burst as a healthy After-School Snack! Because of the squeezable packaging, it was nice that my daughter could complete her homework while enjoying this treat, and I did not have to worry about any type of mess.
Day Two: On Day Two, we brought the Strawberry Fruit Burst to dance class for a healthy On-The-Go treat! It was convenient and easy for my girls to enjoy in between their lessons.
Day Three: On Day Three, my daughter took the Apple Cinnamon Fruit Burst to school as her Lunch Box Favorite! Including a sandwich and yogurt, and I was confident that she was eating a healthy lunch.
Day Four: On Day Four, it was my turn to experience the Blueberry Fruit Burst as my Mom’s Treat! I enjoyed this flavorful snack will reading one of my favorite books!
Day Five: On Day Five, the Peach-Mango Fruit Burst came along on a fall trip as a Go Anywhere Must Have! The pouch easily fit in my purse, and could be enjoyed while continuing our walk through the magnificent fall colors.
Del Monte® new Fruit Burst™ Squeezers are available at your local Walmart! Be sure to add these squeezable snacks to your cart while picking up essentials for your family!
Now it’s time for a Give Away! A $50 Walmart gift card will be given to one lucky winner! To enter, send an email to email@example.com with “Del Monte Giveaway” in the subject line by November 15th. The Del Monte products, information, gift pack, and gift card have been provided by Del Monte.
To learn more about these great products, please click on these Del Monte Links!
This is a fast breakfast or anytime recipe that your whole family will love! It is healthy with a little bit of treat sprinkled on top. You can prepare this meal even faster by making the crescent rolls the night before. The cream cheese filling is a hidden surprise for your taste buds!
¼ cup Jif® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread
1 Pillsbury® Refrigerated Reduced Fat Crescent Dinner Rolls 8 oz (8 ct)
¼ Cup Crushed Peanuts
¼ Mini Chocolate Chips
4 oz Cream Cheese
Roll crescent rolls out and cover the bottom of a 9-1/2 by 13 inch baking sheet. Bake crescent rolls in oven at 375 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Put peanuts in a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. In a small bowl smash the bananas. Mix in the peanut butter until smooth. Once the crescent roll has cooled, spread a layer of the cream cheese. Next, evenly spread the banana/peanut butter mix. Sprinkle the top with the chocolate chips and crushed peanuts. Slice and serve!